How to connect to Internet Shinshu
Setting up Windows95
The following communication software is included
with Windows 95.
Also, the following software is included in Control
- Microsoft Network Client
- Dial up adaptor
- TCP/IP adaptor
- Open the My Computer icon on your desktop and
double click on "Dialup network".
- Double click on New Connection. The following
window will appear:
Click the next button (N)>
- Enter an appropriate name for the connection,
ie. "Internet Shinshu".
- Select an appropriate modem (minimum 28,800 bps).
Click the next button (N)> and then
This will create an icon with the name you entered
in step #2. Right click on this new icon and select Property(R).
The following window will be displayed.
- Enter Internet Shinshu's dialup access phone
- Analog line: 0268-38-0800
- ISDN line: 0268-37-1230
Next, click the server type (T) button.
- Check that the phone number is correct.
The following Server Type window will be displayed.
Click the TCP/IP Settings(P) button.
- Check for the following settings:
- PPP: Windows 95, Windows NT 3.5, Internet
- Under Detailed Options:
- Network Logon - no check
- Software compression - no check
- Password encryption - no check
- Under Usable Network Protocol make sure only
TCP/IP(T) is checked.
The following TCP/IP Settings window will be displayed.
- Verify that the Assigned IP Address(S)
and Name Server Address Settings (M) are selected.
- Enter the primary DNS(D) setting as above.
- Secondary DNS(N), Primary WINS(W)
and Secondary WINS(I) are left as with the settings 0.0.0.0.
- Check the bottom Use IP Header Compression (C)
and Use Remote Network Default Gateway (G).
Click OK and Finish the property settings.
Dialup access to Internet Shinshu
- Double click on the Internet Shinshu dialup icon
and the following window will appear.
- Enter your User Name(U) and Password(P).
Click the Connect button (left button).